Last Edited – 12th Feb 2014 –
With very high failure rate, I have learned a lot in my life, have fallen many times but had the courage to stand up and walked again (I honestly had not many options so had to walk), have made lot of mistakes and paid big price for it and sometimes got lucky too. Here are my life lessons (I am in my late twenties so expect much more to add, Courtesy life)
* Time is Money – Don’t waste Time
* Never overpays for anything
* The world is Yours
* Never Lose a Client
* Deliver what your Promise
* What are you doing now ? are you on work ?
* Don’t spread yourself too thin
* Make sure things are always aligned
* “If you’re willing to do for a year what others won’t, you can do for a lifetime what others CAN’T!”
* If you aren’t getting rejected on a daily basis, your goals aren’t ambitious enough
* Man becomes what he thinks about
* Whether you think you can or can’t , you are always right
* Sales through competitive product, great service, and breakthrough relationships
* use TimeBoxing
* You just have to get rich once
* Remember there are 3 kind of people, Inoovator, Immitator and Idiots
* Never Lose Money
* Make More Money from existing Money
* Never give money to anyone (I have lost lot of money by giving it to “friends” who never returned it)
Few DhiruBhai Ambani Quotes about Money
“Only when you dream it you can do it.”
“Think big, think fast, think ahead. Ideas are no one’s monopoly”
“You do not require an invitation to make profits.”
“If you work with determination and with perfection, success will follow.”
“Pursue your goals even in the face of difficulties, and convert adversities into opportunities.”
“Meeting the deadlines is not good enough, beating the deadlines is my expectation.” “Don’t give up,
I love simpsons and have watched all episodes multiple times(*sigh*), here is one gem from it –
Mr. Burns: I’ll keep it short and sweet – Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business.
* Life is NOT fair, the sooner you accept it, the better it is for you.
* Never compare your intelligence, achievement, money and success to anyone (or anything as a matter of fact), there will always be someone with more then you no matter how much you have and the chances are, he is standing next to you. Comparing never gives happiness and only brings misery, unhappiness and disappointment to you.
* Take no shit, give no fuck (this I learnt from TheMorpheus experience)
* No matter how bad things are and how unlucky you think you are, you will always be in top 90% of the luckiest people in the world.
* Each day, try to Laugh, Cry and Think once (the more the better), it will turn out to be a great day
* The things that you own ends up owning you – Tyler Durden (one of the greatest movie line ever from Fight Club)
* Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don’t need. (Fight Club again)
* Happiness is a state of mind
* Money can’t buy happiness, it only brings comfort and satisfaction and that too at high cost
* Don’t take yourself too seriously, because no one else does (this helped me a lot to overcome serious self esteem issues)
* Improve yourself on daily basis, you will be surprised to see the return after 5 years
* Others are not as good as you think they are, you are not as bad as you think you are (I learned this from meeting tons of successful rich and intelligent people who turned out to be very ordinary)
Few more copy/pasted stuff from the web (not sure about original source)
1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick.. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
6. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
11. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
13. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journeyis all about.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
21 Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
25. Frame every so-called disaster with these words In five years, will this matter?
26. Always choose life.
27. Forgive everyone everything.
28. What other people think of you is none of your business
29. Time heals almost everything. Give time, time.
30. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
31. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
32. Believe in miracles.
34. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
35. Growing old beats the alternative – dying young.
36. Your children get only one childhood.
37. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
38. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
39. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.
40. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
41. The best is yet to come.
42. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
44. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift..
45. You can not have everything, deal with it