Alright, so for the past 5 days I am in Pune, and will be spending couple of months (unless something really big happens, I may leave pune or permanently settle here), I am still exploring the city, but thanks to my search for better place, I am able to visit a big part of the city in such short time.
So here is my Bangalore vs Pune Review written on Lazy sunday morning
1. I was complaining about Poor Bangalore infrastructure, well, things are same for pune too. Too much litter everywhere.
2. Roads are much bigger in pune as compared to Bangalore.
3. Pune certainly seems to have less power cuts.
4. number of stray dogs/cows in pune can easily compete with bangalore (certainly not a good news for any of them)
5. hotels are certainly costlier in Pune as compared to Bangalore, probably because lot of people from mumbai comes to Pune.
6. Auto fare in Pune is Rs 11 and goes up by Rs 8 per KM as compared to bangalore where it starts from Rs 17 and goes up by Rs 9 per KM, though it doesn’t make much difference.
7. Space is a big problem
8. There is NO 10 months advance in pune but the rooms rents are certainly 20% costlier as compared to bangalore, again because of close proximity with mumbai I guess.
9. Food – well if you are a northie, you may get more north Indian dishes in Pune, the cost of food is same, infact may be little costlier as compared to bangalore.
10. Language – Everyone speaks Hindi in pune, though I don’t see this as a plus point, there are tons of north Indians in bangalore too.
11. Bangalore weather is far far better than as compared to Pune.
Both cities looked fine to me, if you can find some local help in bangalore (like friends living there for years), I think you may want to prefer that over Pune, at least I will 🙂